Friday, July 1, 2011

what tomorrow will bring

When I start to think about what our life will look like in 1, 5, 10 years from now, my chest gets tight. There are so many things that I worry about; ideal jobs, salaries, kids, a house, and location. I find myself plotting and planning on things that we can do now to ensure that we will obtain all of these things that I wrongly feel entitled to. While being wise about the future is important, it is so good for me to remember that He will provide for and lovingly take care of us, giving us everything that we need. This verse is a good reminder:

Come now, you who say, "today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "if the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. James 4:13-16

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I've spent most of today worrying about the future (the next hour, the next week, the next year, the next ten years) and it is such a good reminder that God has it all figured out. I can rest in that. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I needed it today! Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete