Monday, June 27, 2011

summer love

We are deep in the throes of summer and loving every minute of it; road trips, boats, pools, beaches, grilling, ice cream (ok, not really seasonal in my life), fresh fruit, and a glorious stack of books waiting to be read.

I am officially done with grad school and have a month and a half beautifully stretched out ahead of me before I start my new job in August. To kick off the summer, Nate and I took a trip to the South.

We started off in dreamy Savannah...

tree-lined squares dripping with gauzy spanish moss
amazing old houses
delicious confections
the riverfront
one of the many beautiful squares in the historic district

Next, we hopped into the Honda and drove to Jekyll Island....

driftwood beach
i love reading at the beach
nate loves climbing dead trees
tide coming in = warm ocean water. in i go for another dip.

Then, we were off to Tennessee.

whitewater rafting
hiking in the smokies

The last leg of our trip was a stop in Kentucky to visit our 3 sweet nephews. A adventurous, fun, and much-needed vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment